Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Birthday suprises

It was an unusual day yesterday. It was don Juan´s wife´s birthday. I decided to bake a cake myself for the family. However, I got a late start, as I am not accustomed to baking cakes, and was putting the cake in the oven at 6:30pm. I inadvertantly licked the spoon and tried the batter, which was mostly eggs, milk, sugar, butter, and flour, not exactly the best meal before drinking ayahuasca. I then tried the frosting to make sure it was ok, another mixture of milk, sugar, and egg. When I went to drink, I became nervous about what I had in my stomach and what I was now going to put in there.
I knew there was going to be trouble. I was right.
I drank the ayahuasca and began to think that everything was going to be ok, but Juan kept talking instead of drinking and the lights stayed on and before long, I was not feeling well. The energy was too strange for me. I needed the lights off, and when I got up to turn them off, I think I may have sent a message that I was getting up to throw up, because I quickly realized that I would have to leave. I threw up hard, and I felt sick doing it. Normally, I get it out of me and feel good, but this was not good. I knew this feeling. I had eaten some ice cream once before a ceremony and was totally messed up by it. This was that feeling.
Thank God it didn´t last. I went back into the ceremony and began concentrating on the Amazon Curandero Seminar, which is an event I am currently organizing. I looked into the six curanderos that will be teaching at the seminar, to examine their integrity and power. I investigated the optimum way to organize the workshops, so that the most comprehensive understanding of curanderismo can be achieved in the time we have. I looked into the films that will be shown, the indigenous tribes that will be in attendance, and all the small details of this wonderful event. The Amazon Curandero Seminar is sure to be a memorable experience that hopefully plants the seeds of plant spirit medicine all over the world, replanting the garden of spirit on the planet, and reviving the spirit in each of our hearts as well.
I spent the ceremony with smiles and joy. I sent love to our patient with AIDS, and I sent positive energy to the film crew that will be returning to shoot a feature film in January. Things were beautiful and they still are. I wish I hadn´t made myself sick, but birthday cakes are worth it, and don Juan´s wife seemed to really appreciate the effort. You will hear a lot more about the Amazon Curandero Seminar, trust me...
Curandero Seminar

No comments: